Fashion On Screen will be taking part with Nasdaq in a special event hosted by our reporting accountants, Crowe Clark Whitehill, and our legal advisers, Child & Child to discuss Why Nasdaq First North?
2 DAYS TO 50/50 DAY!
All 50 states
Millions of perspectives on one topic:
There’s still time to sign up for May 10th to join thousands of organizations, companies, schools, museums, libraries and homes — anywhere people already gather — in a global conversation about what it will take to get to a more gender-balanced world in all sectors of society: business, politics, culture, home, and more.
On 50/50 Day:
1. Watch the 20 minute film 50/50, directed by Emmy-nominated filmmaker Tiffany Shlain, that explores the 10,000 year history of women + power — from setbacks and uprisings, to the bigger context of where we are today. Stream the film here (click on settings icon for subtitles in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Hindi, Portuguese, and Spanish), or download HiRes16GB or LoRes2GB. Read more about the film here.
2. Dive into discussion materials. For those who did not order the hands-on Discussion Kits, here are online and printable materials.
3. Join the Global LiveCast Q&A. Watch, engage, and ask questions through 18 hours of live programming including over 25 Q&A interviews with prominent leaders talking about getting to gender equity from different perspectives (check out the speakers here); live streams from panels at 50/50 Day events around the world; and live coverage from the thousands of events, art installations, and more. Coverage will begin at 5am PT / 8 am ET / noon GMT. You can watch it all live on this page or on Facebook. See the complete lineup of speakers here!
4. Facebook Live your event! Tag #GettingTo5050 and @tiffanyshlain and we’ll feature your event in the live programming!
5. Join 6 words on gender equality. What does gender balance mean to you, in six words? Write it down, take a picture, post it on social media, and watch this experiment turn into a gigantic art installation in downtown Oakland, CA. Find out more and watch the installation live.
6. Help our Online Flash Mob. Join our “Thunderclap” online flashmob for 50/50 Day. With two clicks, you can pre-schedule a tweet and FB post that will go out on May 10th at 9am EST. Click here and then click on Facebook or Twitter.
7. Watch additional films curated by our partners MAKERS, The Film Influence Club, and The Smart Feed.
8. Check out and support 100 organizations #Gettingto5050
10. Read Press including recent ABC News & NPR interview and download press images here.
Sample One Hour Event:
– 5 min introduction
– 20 min film screening
– 20 min watch / ask questions to Global LiveCast Q&A of your choice
– 15 min discussion using discussion guides
Sample 90 min Event:
– 5 min introduction
– 20 min film screening
– 30 min watch / ask questions to Global LiveCast Q&A of your choice
– 35 min discussion using discussion guides
A big thank you to Shepard & Amanda Fairey, Studio Number One and their
Make America Smart Again campaign for making this video!
- DC: National Museum of Women in the Arts with a fantastic line-up of speakers. SOLD OUT. Panelist will be on line for the livecast.
- SLC: The Leonardo Museum with an art exhibit about 50/50 and speakers and more. Info here
- SF: Spark hosts screening & discussion at Hotel Zepplin Tix info here
- SF: Lucasfilm Theater is hosting a special event at their beautiful theater. SOLD OUT
- Oakland, CA: Live 6 words on gender equality Art Installation on outdoor wall in downtown. More info here.
- LA: Women’s March LA is doing an event at Arena Theater. Info here
- LA: Women’s Conference will be holding a big screening as part of their conference. Find out more here.
- Detroit: Jack White’s Third Man Records will be hosting an event. Info here
- Minneapolis, MN: Parkway Theater. Benefit for Vote, Run, Lead. All tix info here.
- NYC events listed on map below.
Events Around the Globe:
Click the map to see where people are gathering and for all public event details.
Red Stars Indicate public events. Click for info.
Become a 50/50 Ambassador
Sign up to be a 50/50 day Ambassador to connect with like minded thought leaders around the world, brainstorm on new activities throughout the year, and discuss best practices for hosting your 50/50 day event. We have monthly calls that you may or may not attend (up to you!) and we also have a Facebook group where we keep the conversation going on how to get to a more gender balanced world. Join us and share your ideas and support!
Big gratitude to our amazing funders who allow this day to be completely free:
Jacquelyn & Gregory Zehner Foundation, Susan Morrison, Ashely and Marc Merrill,
The Influence Film Foundation, The Fledgling Fund, and Louise Davis.
Major 50/50 Day partners range from Refinery29 to British Airways (who will be screening our film 50/50 on all of their flights in May) to Global Fund for Women and many more. Major events will be happening on May 10th at The National Museum of Women in the Arts, The Leonardo Museum, LucasFilms, American Medical Women’s Association, and thousands of companies, schools (K-12 & universities), homes, and organizations across the country. If you would like to learn what a partnership entails please read our partnership brochure and contact email@example.com.